Friday, November 25, 2011

The train quilt on the train bed



This project is a cooperation between mom and dad, and it came together just in time for Christmas! This will be Daniel's surprise as he will be getting his big boy bed on Christmas day :)

Craig made this bed for Nicholas almost 7 years ago. It took him a long time, because he was very careful with the woodworking, carving and painting. The bed is beautiful, but Nicholas is now getting to be too big for a train bed, so it's time to pass it on to Daniel, together with the train station lamp that doubles as a DVD shelf.




I wanted to make the train quilt to be his very own, and I really put my heart and soul into it. The train quilt really came alive with the wonderful quilting done by Linda Lovett (you can find her at www.longarming.com). She is an artist! Once I got the quilt in my hands, I couldn't wait to bind it, and take some pictures. Binding is not my favorite thing to do, but I was so fired up that I got it done in 3 nights.



I can't wait to see Daniel's face on Christmas day when he realizes that he now has a big boy bed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How adorable -- bed and lamp!! Great blog post, Maria!! I will put a link to it on my site. Sometimes it is harder for parents to wait for Christmas Day than it is for the wee ones.

Helena said...

How cool! I love the DVD shelf.

Sunshine and Shadows said...

I love how you made the shelves!