Thursday, November 10, 2011

My first real quilt is getting quilted!

I am so happy it's not even funny! I've been making rag quilts for a while (and promise to post some very soon), but I have always wanted to piece a real quilt. I finally took the plunge, found a simple pattern, and made a quilt for Daniel's bed. Although it is only a twin bed, it is really really big to me (compared to the tiny rag throws that I had been making) and I think it is fair to say that it was a bit overwhelming. The piecing was fun, the sewing together of all the little blocks was kind of scary, and the idea of quilting this big old thing had me paralyzed!

One night two weeks ago I was tossing and turning in bed, trying to decide what to do, and I figured that I would google and come up with something. Well, it turns out that there are people that can quilt things for you. I knew that, but thought it was really expensive and that it took a long time. I inquired in a couple of different places, and finally called a lady in the NC mountains that sounded promising. Well, her name is Linda, and she is a doll, and she has a wonderful quilting machine that makes the whole process quite affordable. My quilt is at her house and may even be quilted this week! I could just squeal!

In case you want to see a picture of the quilt top, I stole one for you from Linda's blog (she has the most beautiful blog, and you can find it at: www.longarming.com/blog). Here it is for your viewing pleasure. Yes, I know some blocks are wonky :) I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just way too kool! Thank you so much! Hi DANIEL!!! And Hi to all on the tiny farm. LOL

SweetSoapBakery said...

Hi! I am Following you :)