Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nothing like a pregnant woman learning how to knit!

So...like any other pregnant woman worth her salt, I felt the deep and urgent need to made something by hand for my little blessing. With the first two I had felt the same urge, but my mom was around to take over and do all the knitting and crocheting required (my mom was fantastic!). With mom gone, I had no choice but to do it myself. By hand, all by myself, the hard way. Well, the youtube way. I started by making hats, and I probably picked the most difficult crochet baby hats out there. After weeks of practice, cussing like a sailor, and more frustration than I could possibly cram in this post, I made two hats for my little baby. Who turned out to be a big baby. With a big head. Yes, bigger than the hats. I still have them, untouched, unworn, so I can bestow them on a future daughter in law and fill her with awe :) Just as it should be.




On the practical front, I did complete a blanket. Blue yarn, a very simple design, and a forgiving border. I went as far as to taking pictures of it. For your viewing pleasure, and also because this is the only crochet blanket I will ever make. It lasted all of 8 weeks, and we managed to lose it after that. One less thing for the future daughters in law to worry about. Well, I'll think of something...

1 comment:

MaryMary86 said...

You did a great job in spite of the hats being too small. Your work is beautiful!