Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A picture of all the small (and not so small) farmers


We haven't had a family picture taken in a long time. Three kids with widely conflicting schedules might be to blame, or maybe it has been lack of planning on my part. Wait, no, it couldn't possibly be that! :)

This Easter Sunday I figured that all kids were still reasonably clean (some were barefoot, but not dirty) and my dad had his camera handy, so we got a picture of all five of us. It is not perfect by any means, but we're all in it.

I can't help but wonder when did Victoria get so grown up. When did Nicholas get so tall? Why does it look like Daniel is almost bigger than me? And why on earth do I have to carry such a big boy?

I love to have all of them in one single picture. I think I will put it in my office and share it with all my friends. It's amazing what one single little picture can do to cheer you up when you're at work. It makes me think of all the great times we've had together in our little farm. And it makes me dream of all the great times to come.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I understand the "when did they grow up" statement. :) I have a 14 year old daughter and I am amazed at the young woman she is becoming.

You have a lovely family!!
(lovemybabes on 2 peas) Shannon!

Jamie Velez said...

What a beautiful family!