Tuesday, July 15, 2008

- About a horse



If there is one thing that kept nagging me in the back of my mind and telling me that getting land was the way to go, that one thing was this horse. His name is Keystone, and I love him a bit too much.

We bought Keystone in October of 2006. He is big and bold and wonderful. He is a great grandson of Native Dancer, the greatest gray Thoroughbred that ever lived. Nothing would make me happier than getting up in the morning and walking out to see Keystone in his pasture, right by our house. I know, don't we all wish to see big beautiful animals first thing in the morning :) Well, I know tons of people who don't, but it is a dream of mine.

Buying land and actually having some farmland would mean that we could bring Keystone to live with us. It would also mean full responsibility for his care, including his breakfast, which he likes to take before 8 am.

Have I mentioned before that I am not a morning person? Good, glad we understand each other. I still wish that I could get up and visit with Keystone. Apparently not bad enough that I am actually willing to risk the comfort of my bed in the early morning.

No comments: